News at your fingertips
The BT Personal Edition is a digital-only package that comes with
Exclusive articles and analyses
Access subscriber-only content on the BT app and bt.sg
Conveniently access news via the BT app on 1 mobile device
2-week e-paper archive
Catch up on news you might have missed — in the familiar newspaper format
Gift BT stories
Unlimited sharing of
BT stories to non-subscribers as a gift
How does this package compare with the rest of BT’s available packages?
This is a quick summary of how the package compares with the other offerings by BT:
Tab S6 Lite (LTE)
Tab A Wifi
|All-Digital + Print
|BT News Tablet Access||1||1|
*Not inclusive of delivery charges.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You may cancel* your subscription to the package by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice, either via email or telephone. All of your entitlements under the Package will cease upon the expiry of your payment term.
*All amounts (including any unutilised amount of the Promotional Subscription Fee) paid prior to the date of termination will be strictly non-refundable.
(Last updated on October 1, 2021)
- Participation in this subscription promotion (“Promotion“) is subject to the terms herein (the “BT45 Lazada Promotion T&Cs“), the Business Times Personal Package Terms and Conditions (the “BT Personal Package T&Cs“) and the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (the “General T&Cs” and, together with the BT45 Lazada Promotion T&Cs and the BT Personal Package T&Cs, the “T&Cs“). In the event of any inconsistency between the General T&Cs, the BT45 Lazada Promotion T&Cs and the BT Personal Package T&Cs, the following order of precedence will apply:
- the BT45 Lazada Promotion T&Cs;
- the BT Personal Package T&Cs;
- the General T&Cs.
- This Promotion is in respect of The Business Times Personal Edition package (the “Package“) and is valid during the period commencing from 1 October 2021 to the earlier of (a) 29 October 2021 and (b) the date the number of Premiums that SPH Media Limited (“SPH Media“) has available for this Promotion have been fully subscribed for (the “Promotion Period“). Under this Promotion, persons in Singapore who agree to subscribe for, and maintain their subscription in respect of, the Package for the applicable minimum subscription period set out in the table below (“Minimum Subscription Period“) are, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, entitled to the respective premium item (“Premium“) set out in the table below. This Promotion is not valid with other promotions and bundle deals.
*excluding delivery fees
|Minimum Subscription Period||Premium*|
|The Business Times||Personal Edition||S$9.90||12-month||S$45 worth of Lazada Voucher
(1 x $45 vouchers)
|24-month||S$100 worth of Lazada Voucher
(2 x $50 vouchers)
*Note: The Premiums will only be available while stocks last.
Subject to the following conditions, this Promotion is open to all Singapore citizens and permanent residents and foreign workers who reside in Singapore and have work permits or passes which are valid for at least 24 months from the date of submission of the subscription application.
3.1 The following groups of subscribers are eligible for this promotion:
3.1.1 New subscribers (“New Subscribers“): Subscribers who: (a) are not Vendor Subscribers (as defined below), Existing Month-to-Month Subscribers (as defined below) or Existing Term Subscribers (as defined below); and (b) do not currently have a subscription to the Package. For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber is deemed to not have a current subscription to the Package if no member of the same household has at any time previously subscribed to the Package directly with SPH Media or terminated the same within 90 days prior to the date of the submission of the subscription application. For the purposes of these Specific T&Cs, a “household” refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address.
3.1.2 Vendor subscribers (“Vendor Subscribers“): Existing subscribers of The Business Times who are currently paying their subscription fees to a newspaper vendor. Upon subscription under this Promotion, these subscribers will be converted to direct subscribers with SPH Media and will have a new subscription to the Package for the applicable Minimum Subscription Period.
3.1.3 Existing month-to-month subscribers (“Existing Month-to-Month Subscribers“): Existing subscribers of The Business Times under an existing subscription plan with SPH Media which is renewed automatically on a monthly basis. Upon subscription under this Promotion, these subscribers will have a new subscription to the Package for the applicable Minimum Subscription Period.
3.2 The following groups of subscribers are not eligible for this promotion:
3.2.1 Existing term subscribers (“Existing Term Subscribers“): Existing subscribers of The Business Times who have subscribed for The Business Times under an existing contract with SPH Media which has a minimum subscription period.
- For information on when your subscription to the Package will commence, please refer to the table below:
|Type||Details||Direct Subscription with SPH Media Commencement (Start) Date|
|New Subscribers||Subscription will commence on either 1st day or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days)|
|Vendor Subscribers||For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month||Direct subscription with SPH Media will commence on the 1st day of the upcoming month|
|For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month||Direct subscription with SPH Media will commence on the 1st day of the following month|
|Existing Month-to-Month Subscribers||New subscription package will commence either on the 1st day of the upcoming month or following month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days)|
- To qualify for a Premium, you must: (a) take up a new subscription to the Package, (b) agree to maintain your subscription to the Package without any change to your subscription package for the entire duration of the Minimum Subscription Period applicable to your subscription and the Premium you wish to redeem and (c) your duly completed subscription application form must be received by SPH Media within the Promotion Period. Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained, and applications for subscriptions received by SPH Media after the Promotion Period will not qualify. SPH Media has the right to determine your eligibility for any Premium promotion at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
- Each subscriber is eligible to receive one Premium per subscription. Only one Premium may be redeemed per household.
- SPH Media has the right and absolute discretion to substitute the Premium with any other product of similar value.
. For information on redemption arrangements, please refer to the details below:
- An email containing details of your subscription will be sent to you within one (1) business day of your successful subscription to the Package under this Promotion.
- An email (“Redemption Email”) containing details of the redemption will be sent to you after your successful subscription to the Package under this Promotion.
- Please follow the instructions in the Redemption Email and key in the redemption code provided in the Redemption Email.
- Where a Premium is offered by SPH Media in connection with your subscription, the following additional terms apply: (a) The Premium is only available whilst stocks last. Strictly no exchange or re-election of any Premium is allowed after the subscription application is submitted to SPH Media; (b) You agree and acknowledge that no representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, are given by SPH Media in respect of any Premium. SPH Media will not entertain any requests to issue any refund or grant an exchange in respect of any Premium that is found to be faulty or not fit for use or for any other reasons; and (c) Premiums must be redeemed by subscribers in accordance with the instructions and terms as stated on the Redemption Email which you will receive provided that you satisfy all relevant eligibility criteria. Premium(s) which are not used by the expiry date stated on the Redemption Email (or such other period stated in the Redemption Email) will be forfeited. In such event, for the avoidance of doubt, your obligations under the terms herein (including, without limitation, to maintain the subscription for the applicable Minimum Subscription Period) will continue to apply in full.
- Upon expiry of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period, you agree that your subscription to the Package will continue in force on the then prevailing terms for such subscription until and unless you provide SPH Media with notice in writing that you wish to terminate in accordance with the said terms.
- If you terminate your subscription to the Package before the expiry of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period for any reason whatsoever, or during the applicable Minimum Subscription Period you fail to pay to SPH Media any sums as and when due and SPH Media exercises its rights under the T&Cs to terminate your subscription, the following fees and charges shall also be due and payable by you to SPH Media upon notice by SPH Media:
- administrative fees of S$20; and
- termination fees of S$100 or S$200 if your applicable Minimum Subscription Period is twelve (12) months or twenty-four (24) months, respectively.
- Unless SPH Media has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one promotional offer at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
- By subscribing for the Package under this Promotion, you agree and consent:
- that your personal data submitted may be collected, used, processed and/or disclosed by (i) SPH Media and its related corporations (“SPH“) and (ii) Lazada Singapore Pte Ltd (“Lazada“), for various purposes including to communicate with you for purposes relating to this Promotion, provide you with the Premium, and marketing information on products and services offered by the SPH, Lazada and/or other parties, and such other purposes SPH may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent for.
- SPH shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information), liability, expenses, claims and costs arising out of or in connection with the Premium, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person as a result, directly or indirectly, of the possession or use of the Premium whether claimed by reason of breach of warranty, negligence, product defect or otherwise, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable laws (in which case that liability is limited to the extent allowed by applicable laws).
- This Promotion and the Premium are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit and/or other items and are not valid with any other discounts, vouchers or promotions, unless otherwise stated. Any unutilised amount for the Premium (including, without limitation, the individual Lazada vouchers) will not be refunded and cannot be used to offset any existing or new subscription or promotion.
- By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge that the Premium (including the Lazada vouchers) and the Lazada platform/mobile application are operated and provided by Lazada, which is a third party provider. You accept that your use of the Premium (including, without limitation, the redemption of the Lazada vouchers) and access and/or use of the Lazada platform/mobile application is at your own risk. SPH Media is not responsible for and does not guarantee the functionality, availability or continuity of the Premium (including, without limitation, the redemption of the Lazada vouchers) and/or the Lazada platform/mobile application at any time. SPH Media also does not guarantee (a) that the Lazada platform/mobile application will be accessible, secure, reliable, or be without disruption, interruption, errors, virus or other harmful elements, or (b) that the results, information, contents or materials derived from the use of the Lazada platform/mobile application are accurate, reliable or suitable for its users. Without prejudice to the foregoing, to the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, SPH Media shall not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information or loss of data), liability, expenses, claims, costs, or any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person, arising out of or in connection or which may arise (whether in contract, tort, including negligence, under statute or otherwise) by reason of or in connection with this Promotion, the Premium (including, without limitation, the redemption of the Lazada vouchers), any services offered by Lazada, the access or use of the Lazada platform/mobile application, howsoever caused. You further indemnify SPH Media against any losses or damages suffered or incurred by SPH Media and any claims made against SPH Media arising from the use of the Premium (including, without limitation, the redemption of the Lazada vouchers) and/or the access or use of the Lazada platform/mobile application by you, or under your account.
- By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that the Lazada platform/mobile application may be updated, modified and/or changed from time to time in accordance with Lazada‘s Terms and Conditions, and SPH Media shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any such update, modification and/or change. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, SPH Media shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any delay, failure, or default of the Premium (including the redemption of the Lazada vouchers) and/or any service offered by Lazada (including, but not limited to, any failure, interruption, disruption or downtime in the network services). For the avoidance of doubt, SPH Media offers no service guarantees in respect of the Premium and/or any service offered by Lazada. SPH Media expressly disclaims to the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, any and all liability for acts, omissions and conduct in connection with or related to your use of the Premium, any service offered by Lazada and/or the Lazada platform/mobile application, as well as the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties (including Lazada and its affiliates) in connection with or related to your use of the Premium (including the redemption of the Lazada vouchers), any service offered by Lazada and/or the Lazada platform/mobile application.
- By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that:
- the Premium is provided for your personal and non-commercial use only; and
- you will not resell the Premium to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise and you shall not charge other persons for use of the Premium.
- SPH Media may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs and/or terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice.
(Last updated on 1 October 2021)
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”), irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. SPH Media has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
2. All subscription packages and prices reflected on this website are applicable to home subscriptions only.
3. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Standard Terms and you are either;
(a) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting in your own personal capacity;
(b) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting on behalf of a corporate entity; or
(c) contracting as parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is using and/or accessing the subscription, in which event you agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of your child/ward, to be bound by these Standard Terms and to be liable for your child’s or ward’s acts and omissions while using and/or accessing the subscription, and you also agree to ensure that your child or ward observes these Standard Terms.
4. You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
5. SPH Media has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least 1 month’s prior notice.
6. Please take note that if you have opted to take delivery of the print edition of your subscribed newspapers, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged by residential type, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address.
7. You should receive a letter acknowledging your subscription within 30 days of confirming your subscription.
8. All subscription fees are due in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before each monthly/annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, you shall be liable for any prevailing administrative, termination or other fees which SPH Media may impose in accordance with clause 10 below.
9. Your subscription will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis after the first month/year until you expressly instruct us that you wish to terminate your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in writing at Customer Service, Circulation SPH Media. 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre Singapore 318994. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such termination, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees shall also be due and payable by you. Unless otherwise stated by SPH Media, any renewal of your subscription will be on the prevailing subscription terms.
10. If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, SPH Media may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
11. If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of newspapers (including but not limited to non-delivery of print editions of newspapers), please alert us promptly by contacting our Customer Service no later than two (2) days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question.
12. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
13. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform SPH Media if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
14. You may seek a temporary suspension of delivery of print newspaper(s) (“Temporary Stop”) by making a Temporary Stop request online at our website at https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/ (click on “Temporary Stop” option under “My Services” section). You agree that any Temporary Stop request (a) is offered on a goodwill basis only and is subject to SPH Media’s approval in its absolute discretion, (b) must be made at least three (3) clear working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date, and (c) must be for a minimum of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days per request.
15. If you are a Print-only subscriber and your Temporary Stop request is approved for a duration of at least 8 days, SPH Media may in its absolute discretion offer a refund or credit of your subscription for the duration of the Temporary Stop, up to a maximum of 30 days per calendar year in aggregate. All-in-One subscribers are not entitled to any refund or credit of subscription for any Temporary Stop of any duration as they will continue to have access to digital editions of their subscribed publications.
16. You agree and acknowledge that notwithstanding any approval by SPH Media of a Temporary Stop request, SPH Media does not undertake or guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding Clause 14, you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. SPH Media shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
17. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(iii) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://corporate.sph.com.sg/legal/sph_privacy.html as amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
18. SPH Media has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to SPH Media’s website.
19. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to www.subscribe.sph.com.sg