(Last updated on September 27, 2023)*
*This version of the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions applies to new subscribers from 27 September 2023 onwards. If you have a subscription with us that commenced before 27 September 2023, the previous version of the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (available here) will continue to apply to you until 1 November 2023, when this version will then apply.
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”, “we”, “our” or “us”), regardless of the type of subscription and how you access your subscription. We may amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on our website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
Subscribing to our services
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are a child or ward below 18 years old (“child”), please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. By subscribing to our services, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you are:
(a) subscribing to and using our services for yourself;
(b) subscribing to and using our services for your company; or
(c) subscribing to our services as parent or guardian on behalf of a child who will be using our services. In this case, you agree to these Standard Terms both personally and on behalf of the child. You will be liable for your child’s acts and omissions when your child uses our services, so please ensure that your child observes these Standard Terms.
3. Your subscription may be subject to additional terms, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or when your subscription comes with a gift or premium (the “Additional Terms”). Any such Additional Terms will apply in addition to these Standard Terms. The Additional Terms will take priority over the Standard Terms if there is any conflict between the two.
4. The time we take to process and confirm your subscription will vary depending on how you are subscribing with us.
(a) If you are subscribing with us via our online subscription portal, we will confirm your subscription via email within 1 day from the time you submit your application.
(b) If you are subscribing with us via our other channels (including walk-ins, roadshows, application forms, phone, resellers), we will confirm your application within 3 to 7 working days from the time you submit your application.
If you do not have an email address, we will confirm your subscription via regular mail. This may take up to 4 to 6 working days.
Fees and payment
5. All subscription fees are due in advance unless otherwise stated. For example, if you are subscribed to a monthly subscription package, payment for the subscription fees for a particular month must be made at the start of that month. Subscription fees, once charged, are non-refundable.
6. You can choose to make payment for your subscription fees by credit card. We will typically debit your card at the start of each month (for monthly subscriptions) or each subscription year (for annual subscriptions).
(a) If we are unable to debit your card for any reason when your subscription fees are due, we may suspend or terminate your subscription in accordance with clause 13 below.
(b) If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. You can do so either by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your credit card details online by logging in to your account.
7. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
Delivery and suspension of delivery for print newspapers
8. If you have subscribed to print newspapers, a delivery fee will be charged for the delivery of the print newspapers. Delivery fees will vary depending on your residence, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address. Once charged, delivery fees are non-refundable.
9. We contract with external vendors to provide delivery of your newspapers to you. They may deliver your newspapers to your doorstep, or to your letterbox.
10. If you experience any issues of non-delivery of your newspapers, please contact our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838 no later than 2 days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question, so that we can address the issue for you as soon as possible.
11. You may suspend the delivery of your print newspaper(s) temporarily (“Temporary Stop”) by submitting a request through the following link: https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/temporary-stop/. Temporary Stop requests are subject to our discretion, and if approved, are offered to you on a goodwill basis.
(a) Any Temporary Stop requests must be submitted at least 3 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date.
(b) Each Temporary Stop requested for must be for a minimum period of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days.
(c) If you are subscribed to a Print-only package, and your Temporary Stop request is approved, we may additionally offer you a refund or credit of your subscription fees for the duration of the Temporary Stop. No refund or credit will be offered to subscribers of All-in-One packages because you will continue to have access to digital editions of your subscribed publications.
12. Even if a Temporary Stop request is approved, we cannot guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding clause 11(c), you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. We will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
Cancellation and termination
13. If you wish to change or cancel your subscription, you must provide us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in one of the following ways:
(a) by calling our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838;
(b) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
(c) in writing and sent by post to “Customer Experience Team, Consumer Division, SPH Media Ltd, 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre, Singapore 318994”.
If you cancel your subscription in the middle of your billing cycle, no refunds will be issued to you, but you will continue to have the same access and subscriber benefits for the remainder of the current billing cycle.
14. Your subscription may be subject to a minimum subscription period, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or if you receive a gift or premium with your subscription. If a minimum subscription period applies to your subscription:
(a) You will be liable for early termination fees and administrative fees if you terminate your subscription before the expiry of the applicable minimum subscription period. Details of these fees will be found in the Additional Terms for your subscription.
(b) At the end of the applicable minimum subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue on the prevailing subscription terms and fee.
15. If we do not receive payment of your subscription fees on time for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions for your subscription, then we may, without prejudice to our rights and remedies at law:
(a) recover any outstanding sums due from you;
(b) suspend your subscription; or
(c) terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you, and impose on you any applicable termination and administrative fees.
16. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application. If there are any changes to the information provided, you must inform us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your details online by logging in to your account.
17. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(c) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.htmlas amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
18. We have the right to vary subscription or delivery fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you reasonable prior notice.
19. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to sph.com.sg
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CHINESE VERSION OF THE T&CS ARE PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE ONLY, AND THAT THE ENGLISH VERSION SHALL PREVAIL IN ANY EVENT OF INCONSISTENCY OR DISCREPANCY.）
1. 标准订阅条款与条件（简称“标准条款”）适用于您向新报业媒体及其衍生公司（“SPH Media”、“我们”或“我们的”）订阅我们出版的报章，涵盖所有订阅配套以及访问方式。我们可能会通过网站随时更改、修改或修订标准条款，并且您同意受这些修订的约束。
2. 您须年满 18 岁或以上才能订阅我们的报刊。如果您是18岁以下的人士或被监护人（简称“儿童”），请让您的父母或监护人代替您订阅。只要您订阅报刊即表示您确认您已年满 18 岁并且您：
(a) 如果您通过新报业媒体订阅网站订阅，我们将在您提交申请后 1 天内通过电子邮件确认您的订阅。
(b) 如果您通过我们的其他渠道（包括上门拜访、路演、申请表、电话、经销商）向我们订阅，我们将在您提交申请后 3 至 7 个工作日内确认您的申请。
如果您没有电子邮件地址，我们将通过普通邮件确认您的订阅。这可能需要 4 到 6 个工作日。
(a) 如果在您的订阅缴费到期时我们因任何原因无法从您的卡中扣款，我们可能会根据下文第 13 条暂停或终止您的订阅。
(b) 如果您的信用卡已过期，或者您希望使用其他信用卡，您必须在下一次订阅缴费期至少 14 天前通知我们。您可以拨打 6388 3838 联系我们的客户体验团队，或登录您的帐户在线更新您的信用卡信息。
7. 如果您的发票/报表/记录中的支付信息出现任何差异或不准确，您必须在发票/报表出具之日起十四 (14) 天内联系我们的客户体验团队，并提供记录以便我们调查此事，否则我们的记录将是您应收款项的最终版本，我们将不会受理与此相关的任何争议。
10. 如果您遇到任何报纸未能送达的问题，请在 2 天内致电 6388 3838 联系我们的客户体验团队，以便我们尽快为您解决问题。
(a) 任何暂停派报申请必须在预定开始日期前至少 3 个工作日（不包括周六、周日和公众假期）内提交。
(b) 每次暂停派报必须至少连续 3 天，且不能超过连续 30 天。
12. 即使“暂停派报”申请获得批准，我们也不能保证所有派报人员都会无误或完全执行“暂停派报”申请。在这种情况下，尽管有第 11(c) 条的规定，您仍有责任支付在暂停派报期间需支付的订阅费用。我们对于您因暂停派报或恢复派报而可能遭受的任何损失或损害，不承担任何责任。
13. 如果您希望更改或取消订阅，您必须通过以下一种方式在至少 30 天前通知我们：
(a) 致电我们的客户体验团队 6388 3838；
(b) 发送电子邮件至 email@example.com；或者
(c) 以书信形式邮寄至“Customer Experience Team, Consumer Division, SPH Media Ltd, 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre, Singapore 318994”。
16. 您确认您在订阅申请表中提供的信息在申请时真实且正确。如果所提供的信息有任何变更，您须致电 6388 3838 联系我们的客户体验团队，或通过登录您的帐户在线更新。
(a) 我们的隐私政策条款可在 https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/sph_privacy.html 上找到，并会不时修订，隐私政策条款已引用并入标准条款中;
(b) 我们使用和披露您的个人数据是为了处理您的订阅申请并向您提供您所申请的产品和服务。这些目的已在新报业媒体隐私政策中列出，该政策可在 https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/sph_privacy.html 上找到，并且可能会不时修订；和
(c) 新报业媒体会员条款与条件（可在 https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.html 上找到，并不时修订），以及新报业媒体会员条款与条件已经被引用并入标准条款。您进一步同意，新报业媒体对与您订阅相关的所有事项或争议以及任何附属事项（包括但不限于付款、交付、促销或资格要求）的决定对您而言是最终的和决定性的。如果这些标准条款与新报业媒体会员条款与条件发生冲突，则以标准条款为准。
19. 有关订阅的更多详情，请参阅 sph.com.sg