News at your fingertips
ST One Digital is a digital-only package that comes with
Exclusive articles and analyses
Access subscriber-only content on the ST app and straitstimes.com
ST app access
Conveniently access news via the ST app on 1 mobile device
2-week e-paper archive
Catch up on news you might have missed — in the familiar newspaper format
Gear up for the biggest online shopping festival of the year!
The great 11.11 sale is around the corner and it’s the time of the year to shop away! Subscribe now and your Shopee cart is on us.
– FULLY REDEEMED –
with 1-year contract
with 2-year contract
Vouchers may be issued in different dominations.
How does this package compare with the rest of ST’s available packages?
This is a quick summary of how the package compares with the other home-subscription offerings by ST:
ST One Digital
News Tablet Access
*Not inclusive of delivery charges.
(Last updated on October 11, 2021)
1. Participation in this subscription promotion (“Promotion“) is subject to the terms herein (the “ST1D Shopee Promotion T&Cs“), The Straits Times One Digital Terms and Conditions (the “ST One Digital T&Cs“) and the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (the “General T&Cs” and, together with the ST1D Shopee Promotion T&Cs and the ST One Digital T&Cs, the “T&Cs“). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the General T&Cs, the ST One Digital T&Cs and the ST1D Shopee Promotion T&Cs, the following order of precedence will apply:
(a) the ST1D Shopee Promotion T&Cs;
(b) the ST One Digital T&Cs;
(c) the General T&Cs.
2. The Shopee e-Voucher(s) (the “Premium“) is provided by Shopee Singapore Pte Ltd (the “Premium Provider“) and made available to the ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscribers (as defined below), in accordance with the T&Cs. Notwithstanding any term herein, SPH Media Limited (“SPH Media“) reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to decline acceptance of the ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscriber’s order or application for the Premium for any reason or no reason.
3. This Promotion is in respect of the ST One Digital Package (the “Package“) and is valid during the period commencing from 14 October 2021 to the earlier of (a) 30 November 2021 and (b) the date the number of redemption codes for the Premium that SPH Media has available for this Promotion have been fully applied for (the “Promotion Period“), for the ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscribers. The “ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscribers” are:
(a) New subscribers of the Package who successfully sign up for the Package during the Promotion Period; and
(b) Existing subscribers who have subscribed for the Package under an existing subscription plan which is renewed automatically on a monthly basis (and which does not have a minimum subscription period).
4. Under this Promotion, the ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscribers who agree to subscribe for, and maintain their subscription in respect of, the Package for a minimum subscription period of 12 months or 24 months (each, the relevant “Minimum Subscription Period”), may redeem the Premium for free.
|Minimum Subscription Period||Premium|
|No minimum subscription period||Not eligible to redeem Premium|
|12 months||$40 worth of Shopee e-Vouchers|
|24 months||$100 worth of Shopee e-Vouchers|
5. To qualify for this Promotion, you must: (a) be a ST1D Shopee Promotion Eligible Subscriber, (b) agree to maintain your subscription to the Package without any change to your subscription package for the entire duration of the relevant Minimum Subscription Period and (c) your duly completed application form must be received by SPH Media within the Promotion Period. Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained, and applications for subscriptions received by SPH Media after the Promotion Period will not qualify. SPH Media has the right to determine your eligibility for this Promotion at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
6. If you terminate your subscription to the Package before the expiry of the relevant Minimum Subscription Period for any reason whatsoever, or during the relevant Minimum Subscription Period you fail to pay to SPH Media any sums as and when due and SPH Media exercises its rights under the General T&Cs to terminate your subscription, the following fees and charges shall also be due and payable by you to SPH Media upon notice by SPH Media:
(a) administrative fees of S$20; and
(b) termination fees of S$100 if you have opted for a 12-month Minimum Subscription Period; or
(c) termination fees of S$200 if you have opted for a 24-month Minimum Subscription Period.
7. Each subscriber is eligible to receive one Premium only.
8. SPH Media has the right and absolute discretion to substitute the Premium with any other product or service of similar value.
9. For information on redemption arrangements, please refer to the details below:
(a) An email (“Redemption Email“) containing details of the redemption will be sent to you after your successful subscription to the Package under this Promotion.
(b) Please follow the instructions in the Redemption Email. The Premium can be utilised on shopee.sg or the Shopee app.
10. The Premium must be redeemed by you in accordance with the instructions and terms as stated on the Redemption Email which you will receive provided that you satisfy all relevant eligibility criteria. Premium(s) which are not utilized by you on or before the expiry date as stated in the Redemption Email will be forfeited. In such event, for the avoidance of doubt, your obligations under the terms herein (including without limitation to maintain the subscription for the applicable minimum subscription period) will continue to apply in full.
11. Upon expiry of the relevant Minimum Subscription Period of your subscription to the Package, you agree that your subscription to the Package will continue in force on the then prevailing terms for such subscription until and unless you provide SPH Media with notice in writing that you wish to terminate in accordance with the General T&Cs.
12. Unless SPH Media has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one promotional offer at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
13. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent:
(b) that your personal data submitted may be collected, used, processed and/or disclosed by (i) SPH Media and its related corporations and its affiliates (collectively “SPH Media Group“) and (ii) Premium Provider, for various purposes including to communicate with you for purposes relating to this Promotion, provide you with the Premium, and marketing information on products and services offered by the SPH Media Group, the Premium Provider and/or other parties, and such other purposes SPH Media Group may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent for.
14. SPH Media Group shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information), liability, expenses, claims and costs arising out of or in connection with the Premium, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person as a result, directly or indirectly, of the possession or use of the Premium whether claimed by reason of breach of warranty, negligence, product defect or otherwise, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable laws (in which case that liability is limited to the extent allowed by applicable laws).
15. This Promotion and the Premium are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit and/or other items and are not valid with any other discounts, vouchers or promotions, unless otherwise stated. Any unutilised amount for the Premium will not be refunded and cannot be used to offset any existing or new subscription or promotion.
16. By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree that:
(a) the Premium is provided for your personal and non-commercial use only; and
(b) you will not resell the Premium to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise and you shall not charge other persons for use of the Premium.
17. SPH Media may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs and/or terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice.
(Updated October 11, 2021)
1. The terms and conditions herein (the “Specific T&Cs”) and the Standard Terms and Conditions available above (the “General T&Cs”) apply in respect of your subscription to The Straits Times (ST) One Digital package (the “Package”). In the event of any inconsistency between the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail.
2. This Package is available for persons in Singapore, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs. This Package is available for subscription until such date as may be determined by Singapore Press Holdings Limited (“SPH”) in its sole and absolute discretion (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Eligible subscribers will, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, be entitled to subscribe for the Package at the prevailing rate of S$9.90 per month (the “Package Subscription Price”).
4. You may cancel your subscription to the Package at any time. However, you agree that your subscription to the Package will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis until you expressly instruct us that you wish to cancel your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice.
5.1. The following groups of subscribers are eligible to subscribe for this Package:
5.1.1. New subscribers (“New Subscribers”): Persons who: (a) are not Vendor Subscribers (as defined below) or Existing Subscribers (as defined below); and (b) do not currently have a subscription to the Package are, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, eligible to subscribe for this Package.
5.1.2. Vendor subscribers (“Vendor Subscribers”): Existing subscribers who are currently subscribing to ST Print through a newspaper vendor and are paying their ST subscription fee to it are, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, eligible to subscribe for this Package. (Upon subscription for the Package, the existing ST Print subscription of these Vendor Subscribers with their newspaper vendors will be terminated and they will become direct subscribers of the Package with SPH.)
5.2. The following persons (collectively, “Existing Subscribers”) are not eligible to subscribe for this Package (whether or not the minimum subscription period under their respective packages have expired):
5.2.1. Existing subscribers of the Package as well as the ST News Tablet package, ST All-Digital package, ST Basic Digital Package or the ST All Digital + Print package (collectively, the “Other Packages”) with SPH; and
5.2.2. Persons who had terminated their subscription with SPH to the Package or any of the Other Packages anytime within the 90 days prior to the date of submission of the subscription application hereunder.
A person is deemed to be an Existing Subscriber if any member of the same household has at any time previously subscribed to the Package (or any of the Other Packages) directly with SPH or terminated the same anytime within the 90 days prior to the date of the submission of the subscription application hereunder. For the purposes of the Specific T&Cs, a “household” refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address.
6. For information on when your subscription to the Package will commence, please refer to the below
6.1. New Subscribers
6.1.1. For applications received through the SPH subscription platform, subscription in respect of the Package will commence on or around 2 working days after the subscription application is received by SPH.
6.1.2. For applications received through call-in, subscription will commence either 1st or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7 – 9 working days).
6.2. Vendor Subscribers
6.2.1. For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month, direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the upcoming month.
6.2.2. For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month, direct subscription with SPH will commence on the 1st day of the following month.
7. Eligible subscribers must (a) take up a new subscription to the Package, and (b) the duly completed subscription application form must be received by SPH within the Promotion Period. Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained, and applications for subscriptions received by SPH after the Promotion Period will not qualify. SPH has the right to determine your eligibility to subscribe for this Package at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
8. Only one (1) subscription to the Package may be redeemed or enjoyed per household.
9. Unless SPH has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one promotional or premium offer at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
10. SPH may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the Specific T&Cs (including, without limitation, the Package Subscription Price and the Promotion Period) and/or terminate or withdraw this Package at any time without prior notice.
(Last updated on 1 October 2021)
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”), irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. SPH Media has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Standard Terms and you are either;
(a) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting in your own personal capacity;
(b) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting on behalf of a corporate entity; or
(c) contracting as parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is using and/or accessing the subscription, in which event you agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of your child/ward, to be bound by these Standard Terms and to be liable for your child’s or ward’s acts and omissions while using and/or accessing the subscription, and you also agree to ensure that your child or ward observes these Standard Terms.
3. You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
4. SPH Media has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least 1 month’s prior notice.
5. Please take note that if you have opted to take delivery of the print edition of your subscribed newspapers, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged by residential type, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address.
6. You should receive a letter acknowledging your subscription within 30 days of confirming your subscription.
7. All subscription fees are due in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before each monthly/annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, you shall be liable for any prevailing administrative, termination or other fees which SPH Media may impose in accordance with clause 10 below.
8. Your subscription will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis after the first month/year until you expressly instruct us that you wish to terminate your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in writing at Customer Service, Circulation SPH Media. 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre Singapore 318994. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such termination, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees shall also be due and payable by you. Unless otherwise stated by SPH Media, any renewal of your subscription will be on the prevailing subscription terms.
9. If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, SPH Media may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
10. If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of newspapers (including but not limited to non-delivery of print editions of newspapers), please alert us promptly by contacting our Customer Service no later than two (2) days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question.
11. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Service – Circulation department no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
12. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform SPH Media if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
13. You may seek a temporary suspension of delivery of print newspaper(s) (“Temporary Stop”) by making a Temporary Stop request online at our website at https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/ (click on “Temporary Stop” option under “My Services” section). You agree that any Temporary Stop request (a) is offered on a goodwill basis only and is subject to SPH Media’s approval in its absolute discretion, (b) must be made at least three (3) clear working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date, and (c) must be for a minimum of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days per request.
14. If you are a Print-only subscriber and your Temporary Stop request is approved for a duration of at least 8 days, SPH Media may in its absolute discretion offer a refund or credit of your subscription for the duration of the Temporary Stop, up to a maximum of 30 days per calendar year in aggregate. All-in-One subscribers are not entitled to any refund or credit of subscription for any Temporary Stop of any duration as they will continue to have access to digital editions of their subscribed publications.
15. You agree and acknowledge that notwithstanding any approval by SPH Media of a Temporary Stop request, SPH Media does not undertake or guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding Clause 14, you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. SPH Media shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
16. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(iii) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://corporate.sph.com.sg/legal/sph_privacy.html as amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
17. SPH Media has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to SPH Media’s website.
18. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to www.subscribe.sph.com.sg