(Last updated on 30 May 2023)
1. This Straits Times All-Digital 3-month @ S$0.99/month promotion (“Promotion”) is organized by SPH Media Limited (“us”, “we”, “our”).
2. Participation in this Promotion is subject:
a) the terms and conditions herein (the "Specific T&Cs"); and
b) the Standard Terms and Conditions available above
(collectively, the "T&Cs").
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail.
3. This promotion is valid during the period commencing from 15 June 2023 to such date as may be determined by SPH Media Limited in its sole and absolute discretion (the "Promotion Period").
4. Under this Promotion, sign-up for new subscription to The Straits Times (ST) All-Digital subscription package (the “Package”) and enjoy the promotional subscription fee of S$0.99 per month (the "Promotional Price") for the first three (3) months of your subscription. Thereafter, you will be charged the prevailing monthly subscription fees for the Package, which is S$29.90 as of the date of these Specific T&Cs.
5. To qualify for this Promotion:
a) you must meet the eligibility criteria set out in the T&Cs (in particular, Clause 6 below),
b) we must receive your duly completed application form and payment before the Promotion Period ends (requests for extensions will not be entertained); and
a) This Promotion is open only to Singapore citizens, permanent residents, and foreigners residing in Singapore with valid work permits or passes.
b) You are eligible for this Promotion if you fall within one of the following groups of subscribers:
i) "New Subscribers": Subscribers who are not Existing Subscribers (as defined below) and do not currently have a subscription to the Package.
ii) "Vendor Subscribers": Existing subscribers of The Straits Times with a newspaper vendor (your subscription with your vendor will be terminated and you will become a direct subscriber of the Package with us).
c) Notwithstanding the above, you will be deemed to be an “Existing Subscriber” and will not be eligible for this Promotion if you, or any member of your household:
i) have an ongoing subscription with us for one of the following subscription packages: ST News Tablet package, ST All-Digital package, ST Basic Digital package, ST One Digital, or the ST All Digital + Print package; or
ii) had terminated such a subscription within the 90 days prior to the date of your application under this Promotion.
A "household" refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address.
7. The start date for your subscription to the Package will be as follows:
|Subscription Start Date
|For applications received through our online subscription platforms
|On or around 2 working days after we receive your application
|For applications received through call-in
|Either 1st day or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7-9 working days)
|For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month
|1st day of the upcoming month
|For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month
|1st day of the following month
8. You may cancel your subscription to the Package at any time by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice. Unless and until you do so, your subscription to the Package will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis.
9. You may not participate in this Promotion in conjunction with other promotions and deals that we may be offering at the same time. Only one (1) subscription to the Package under this Promotion may be redeemed or enjoyed per household.
10. Notwithstanding any term herein, we have the right to determine your eligibility or decline acceptance of your application for this Promotion at our sole and absolute discretion and our decision thereon shall be final and binding. If we determine that any of the information you provided in your subscription under this Promotion is not true and does not meet the requirements under the T&Cs or that you have otherwise breached any of the T&Cs, we may terminate your subscription and recover from you the Premium or the value of the Premium provided to you under this Promotion, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies against you under the T&Cs.
11. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs (including, without limitation, the Promotional Price and the Promotion Period) and/or terminate or withdraw this promotion at any time without prior notice.
12. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and all persons who participate in this Promotion shall be deemed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
(Last updated on November 17, 2023)*
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”, “we”, “our” or “us”), regardless of the type of subscription and how you access your subscription. We may amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on our website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
Subscribing to our services
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are a child or ward below 18 years old (“child”), please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. By subscribing to our services, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you are:
(a) subscribing to and using our services for yourself;
(b) subscribing to and using our services for your company; or
(c) subscribing to our services as parent or guardian on behalf of a child who will be using our services. In this case, you agree to these Standard Terms both personally and on behalf of the child. You will be liable for your child’s acts and omissions when your child uses our services, so please ensure that your child observes these Standard Terms.
3. Your subscription may be subject to additional terms, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or when your subscription comes with a gift or premium (the “Additional Terms”). Any such Additional Terms will apply in addition to these Standard Terms. The Additional Terms will take priority over the Standard Terms if there is any conflict between the two.
4. The time we take to process and confirm your subscription will vary depending on how you are subscribing with us.
(a) If you are subscribing with us via our online subscription portal, we will confirm your subscription via email within 1 day from the time you submit your application.
(b) If you are subscribing with us via our other channels (including walk-ins, roadshows, application forms, phone, resellers), we will confirm your application within 3 to 7 working days from the time you submit your application.
If you do not have an email address, we will confirm your subscription via regular mail. This may take up to 4 to 6 working days.
Fees and payment
5. All subscription fees are due in advance unless otherwise stated. For example, if you are subscribed to a monthly subscription package, payment for the subscription fees for a particular month must be made at the start of that month. Subscription fees, once charged, are non-refundable.
6. You can choose to make payment for your subscription fees by credit card. We will typically debit your card at the start of each month (for monthly subscriptions) or each subscription year (for annual subscriptions).
(a) If we are unable to debit your card for any reason when your subscription fees are due, we may suspend or terminate your subscription in accordance with clause 13 below.
(b) If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. You can do so either by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your credit card details online by logging in to your account.
7. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
Delivery and suspension of delivery for print newspapers
8. If you have subscribed to print newspapers, a delivery fee will be charged for the delivery of the print newspapers. Delivery fees will vary depending on your residence, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address. Once charged, delivery fees are non-refundable.
9. We contract with external vendors to provide delivery of your newspapers to you. They may deliver your newspapers to your doorstep, or to your letterbox.
10. If you experience any issues of non-delivery of your newspapers, please contact our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838 no later than 2 days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question, so that we can address the issue for you as soon as possible.
11. You may suspend the delivery of your print newspaper(s) temporarily (“Temporary Stop”) by submitting a request through the following link: https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/temporary-stop/. Temporary Stop requests are subject to our discretion, and if approved, are offered to you on a goodwill basis.
(a) Any Temporary Stop requests must be submitted at least 3 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date.
(b) Each Temporary Stop requested for must be for a minimum period of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days.
(c) If you are subscribed to a Print-only package, and your Temporary Stop request is approved, we may additionally offer you a refund or credit of your subscription fees for the duration of the Temporary Stop. No refund or credit will be offered to subscribers of All-in-One packages because you will continue to have access to digital editions of your subscribed publications.
12. Even if a Temporary Stop request is approved, we cannot guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding clause 11(c), you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. We will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
Cancellation and termination
13. If you wish to change or cancel your subscription, you must provide us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in one of the following ways:
(a) by calling our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838;
(b) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
(c) in writing and sent by post to “Customer Experience Team, Consumer Division, SPH Media Ltd, 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre, Singapore 318994”.
If you cancel your subscription in the middle of your billing cycle, no refunds will be issued to you, but you will continue to have the same access and subscriber benefits for the remainder of the current billing cycle.
14. Your subscription may be subject to a minimum subscription period, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or if you receive a gift or premium with your subscription. If a minimum subscription period applies to your subscription:
(a) You will be liable for early termination fees and administrative fees if you terminate your subscription before the expiry of the applicable minimum subscription period. Details of these fees will be found in the Additional Terms for your subscription. Early termination fees, if chargeable, will be pro-rated against the portion of the minimum subscription period that has already elapsed and for which subscription fees have been paid.
(b) At the end of the applicable minimum subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue on the prevailing subscription terms and fee.
15. If we do not receive payment of your subscription fees on time for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions for your subscription, then we may, without prejudice to our rights and remedies at law:
(a) recover any outstanding sums due from you;
(b) suspend your subscription; or
(c) terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you, and impose on you any applicable termination and administrative fees.
16. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application. If there are any changes to the information provided, you must inform us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your details online by logging in to your account.
17. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(c) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.htmlas amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
18. We have the right to vary subscription or delivery fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you reasonable prior notice.
19. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to subscribe.sph.com.sg