(Last updated on December 15, 2021)
1. Participation in this promotion is subject to the terms and conditions herein (the "Specific T&Cs") and the Standard Terms and Conditions available below (the "General T&Cs"). In the event of any inconsistency between the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail.
2. This promotion is for Berita Harian (BH)’s Satu Digital BH (the "Package"), and is available for subscribers in Singapore, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs. This promotion is valid during the period commencing from 15 December 2021 to 14 January 2022 (the "Promotion Period").
3. Under this promotion, eligible subscribers will, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, be entitled to subscribe for the Package at the promotional price of S$0.99 per month (the "Promotional Price") for the first three (3) months of their subscription to the Package, and thereafter, the subscribers will be charged the prevailing monthly subscription fees in respect of their subscription to the Package. As of the date of the Specific T&Cs, the monthly subscription fees in respect of the Package is S$6.90. Eligible subscribers may only enjoy this promotion once.
4. You may cancel your subscription to the Package at any time. However, you agree that your subscription to the Package will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly basis until you expressly instruct us that you wish to cancel your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior written notice.
5.1. The following groups of subscribers are eligible for this promotion:
5.1.1. New subscribers ("New Subscribers"): Persons who: (a) are not Vendor Subscribers (as defined below); and (b) do not currently have a subscription to the publication are, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, eligible for this promotion.
5.1.2 Vendor subscribers ("Vendor Subscribers"): Existing subscribers who are currently subscribing to BH Print through a newspaper vendor and are paying their BH subscription fee to it are, subject to the General T&Cs and the Specific T&Cs, eligible for this promotion. (Upon subscription for the Package under this promotion, the existing BH Print subscription of these Vendor Subscribers with their newspaper vendors will be terminated and they will become direct subscribers of the Package with SPH Media Limited.)
5.2. The following persons (collectively, "Existing Subscribers") are not eligible for this promotion (whether or not the minimum subscription period under their respective packages have expired):
5.2.1 Existing subscribers of the Package as well as the BH News Tablet Edition package, BH Personal Edition, BH All-Digital package or the BH All Digital + Print package (collectively, the "Other Packages") with SPH Media Limited. A person is deemed to be an Existing Subscriber if the person has at any time previously subscribed to the Package (or any of the Other Packages) directly with SPH Media Limited or terminated the same anytime within the 90 days prior to the date of the submission of the subscription application hereunder.
6. For information on when your subscription to the Package will commence, please refer to the below
6.1. New Subscribers
6.1.1. For applications received through the SPH Media Limited subscription platform, subscription in respect of the Package will commence on or around 2 working days after the subscription application is received by SPH Media Limited.
6.1.2. For applications received through call-in, subscription will commence either 1st or 15th day of the upcoming month (subject to processing time of 7 – 9 working days)
6.2. Vendor Subscribers
6.2.1. For applications received from 1st – 15th of current month, direct subscription with SPH Media Limited will commence on the 1st day of the upcoming month.
6.2.2. For applications received from 16th – 31st of current month, direct subscription with SPH Media Limited will commence on the 1st day of the following month.
7. To qualify for this promotion, eligible subscribers must (a) take up a new subscription to the Package, and (b) the duly completed subscription application form must be received by SPH Media Limited within the Promotion Period. Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained, and applications for subscriptions received by SPH Media Limited after the Promotion Period will not qualify. SPH Media Limited has the right to determine your eligibility for this promotion at its sole and absolute discretion and its decision thereon shall be final and binding.
8. Unless SPH Media Limited has stated expressly otherwise, each subscriber may only enjoy one promotional or premium offer at any time, which may not be applied in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
9. SPH Media Limited may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the Specific T&Cs (including, without limitation, the Promotional Price and the Promotion Period) and/or terminate or withdraw this promotion at any time without prior notice.
(Last updated on November 17, 2023)*
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”, “we”, “our” or “us”), regardless of the type of subscription and how you access your subscription. We may amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on our website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
Subscribing to our services
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are a child or ward below 18 years old (“child”), please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. By subscribing to our services, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you are:
(a) subscribing to and using our services for yourself;
(b) subscribing to and using our services for your company; or
(c) subscribing to our services as parent or guardian on behalf of a child who will be using our services. In this case, you agree to these Standard Terms both personally and on behalf of the child. You will be liable for your child’s acts and omissions when your child uses our services, so please ensure that your child observes these Standard Terms.
3. Your subscription may be subject to additional terms, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or when your subscription comes with a gift or premium (the “Additional Terms”). Any such Additional Terms will apply in addition to these Standard Terms. The Additional Terms will take priority over the Standard Terms if there is any conflict between the two.
4. The time we take to process and confirm your subscription will vary depending on how you are subscribing with us.
(a) If you are subscribing with us via our online subscription portal, we will confirm your subscription via email within 1 day from the time you submit your application.
(b) If you are subscribing with us via our other channels (including walk-ins, roadshows, application forms, phone, resellers), we will confirm your application within 3 to 7 working days from the time you submit your application.
If you do not have an email address, we will confirm your subscription via regular mail. This may take up to 4 to 6 working days.
Fees and payment
5. All subscription fees are due in advance unless otherwise stated. For example, if you are subscribed to a monthly subscription package, payment for the subscription fees for a particular month must be made at the start of that month. Subscription fees, once charged, are non-refundable.
6. You can choose to make payment for your subscription fees by credit card. We will typically debit your card at the start of each month (for monthly subscriptions) or each subscription year (for annual subscriptions).
(a) If we are unable to debit your card for any reason when your subscription fees are due, we may suspend or terminate your subscription in accordance with clause 13 below.
(b) If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. You can do so either by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your credit card details online by logging in to your account.
7. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
Delivery and suspension of delivery for print newspapers
8. If you have subscribed to print newspapers, a delivery fee will be charged for the delivery of the print newspapers. Delivery fees will vary depending on your residence, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address. Once charged, delivery fees are non-refundable.
9. We contract with external vendors to provide delivery of your newspapers to you. They may deliver your newspapers to your doorstep, or to your letterbox.
10. If you experience any issues of non-delivery of your newspapers, please contact our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838 no later than 2 days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question, so that we can address the issue for you as soon as possible.
11. You may suspend the delivery of your print newspaper(s) temporarily (“Temporary Stop”) by submitting a request through the following link: https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/temporary-stop/. Temporary Stop requests are subject to our discretion, and if approved, are offered to you on a goodwill basis.
(a) Any Temporary Stop requests must be submitted at least 3 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date.
(b) Each Temporary Stop requested for must be for a minimum period of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days.
(c) If you are subscribed to a Print-only package, and your Temporary Stop request is approved, we may additionally offer you a refund or credit of your subscription fees for the duration of the Temporary Stop. No refund or credit will be offered to subscribers of All-in-One packages because you will continue to have access to digital editions of your subscribed publications.
12. Even if a Temporary Stop request is approved, we cannot guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding clause 11(c), you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. We will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
Cancellation and termination
13. If you wish to change or cancel your subscription, you must provide us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in one of the following ways:
(a) by calling our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838;
(b) by emailing us at email@example.com; or
(c) in writing and sent by post to “Customer Experience Team, Consumer Division, SPH Media Ltd, 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre, Singapore 318994”.
If you cancel your subscription in the middle of your billing cycle, no refunds will be issued to you, but you will continue to have the same access and subscriber benefits for the remainder of the current billing cycle.
14. Your subscription may be subject to a minimum subscription period, such as when you sign up for a News Tablet subscription or if you receive a gift or premium with your subscription. If a minimum subscription period applies to your subscription:
(a) You will be liable for early termination fees and administrative fees if you terminate your subscription before the expiry of the applicable minimum subscription period. Details of these fees will be found in the Additional Terms for your subscription. Early termination fees, if chargeable, will be pro-rated against the portion of the minimum subscription period that has already elapsed and for which subscription fees have been paid.
(b) At the end of the applicable minimum subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue on the prevailing subscription terms and fee.
15. If we do not receive payment of your subscription fees on time for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions for your subscription, then we may, without prejudice to our rights and remedies at law:
(a) recover any outstanding sums due from you;
(b) suspend your subscription; or
(c) terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you, and impose on you any applicable termination and administrative fees.
16. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application. If there are any changes to the information provided, you must inform us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838, or updating your details online by logging in to your account.
17. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(c) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.htmlas amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
18. We have the right to vary subscription or delivery fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you reasonable prior notice.
19. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to subscribe.sph.com.sg