UWEEKLY SUBSCRIPTION PROMOTION NOVEMBER 2023 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The UWeekly Subscription Promotion November 2023 ("Promotion") is organised by SPH Media Limited (address: 1000 Toa Payoh North, News Centre, Singapore 318994) ("SPH Media", “we”, “us” or “our”).
2. Participation in this Promotion is subject to:
(a) the terms and conditions herein; and
(b) the Magazine Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (found at https://www.mynewsstand.online/magazine-standard-subscription-terms-and-conditions/) (“Subscription T&Cs”)
(collectively, the "T&Cs").
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the T&Cs referred to in sub-clauses (a) and (b), the terms in (a) shall prevail.
3. Under this Promotion, you may receive a premium (“Premium”) when you sign up for a new subscription to any of the applicable publications (“Publication(s)”) under the applicable subscription package (“Package”). Details are as set out in the table below.
Subscription Fee (S$)
UWeekly Print Magazine
$10 FairPrice Voucher
ASD 18cm "S-Q" saucepan with lid (worth $89)*
*Delivery charge of S$15 applies if you opt for the Premium to be delivered to you
4. Payment of the subscription fees for your selected Package will be due upfront and in full, and will be non-refundable, including in cases of early termination of your subscription.
5. To qualify for this Promotion and the Premium:
(a) you must meet the eligibility criteria set out in the T&Cs,
(b) you must sign up for the applicable Packages on https://www.mynewsstand.online/product/uw_sub_nov2023; and
(c) we must receive your application and payment of the full subscription fee during the period starting from 3 November 2023 and ending 15 December 2023, 11:59pm (the "Promotion Period"). Requests for extensions of the Promotion Period will not be entertained.
(a) This Promotion is open to Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents, and foreigners residing in Singapore.
(b) You are eligible for this Promotion if you fall within one of the following groups of subscribers:
(i) New Subscribers: Subscribers who do not currently have a subscription to the Publication(s).
(ii) Renewing Subscribers: Current subscribers of the Publication(s) who wish to renew their subscription.
7. You may not participate in this Promotion in conjunction with other promotions and deals that we may be offering at the same time, unless we inform you otherwise.
8. Notwithstanding any term herein, we have the right to determine your eligibility or decline acceptance of your application for this Promotion at our sole and absolute discretion and our decision thereon shall be final and binding. If we determine that any of the information you provided in your subscription under this Promotion is not true and does not meet the requirements under the T&Cs or that you have otherwise breached any of the T&Cs, we may terminate your subscription and recover from you the Premium or the value of the Premium provided to you under this Promotion, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies against you under the T&Cs.
9. Where Premiums are offered in connection with your subscription, additional terms apply:
(a) You may only redeem one Premium per subscription.
(b) If your application for the Promotion is successful, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
(c) If the Premium is to be delivered to your registered address, a delivery fee may be charged. You must be physically present during the delivery, and if requested, present your NRIC and digital/printed Redemption Email for verification.
(d) The Premium is provided by a third party (the "Premium Provider"), and is to be redeemed or used according to their terms and conditions. By participating in this Promotion and using or redeeming the Premium, you accept that:
(i) Any dispute about the quality, condition, or redemption of the Premium (including warranty claims, if any) is to be resolved directly with the Premium Provider and we are not obliged to assist or act on your behalf in communicating with them.
(ii) You use the Premium at your own risk. We are not responsible for and we do not guarantee: (1) that the Premium Provider’s services or platforms will be accessible, secure, reliable, or be without disruption, interruption, errors, virus or other harmful elements, or (2) that the results, information, contents or materials derived from the use of their services or platforms are accurate, reliable or suitable for its users.
(iii) The Premium Provider may update, modify, or change the terms and conditions of use of the Premium or its services at any time, and we shall not be liable to you for any such update, modification, or change.
(iv) Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, we make no representations or warranties of any kind in respect of the Premium, whether implied, express or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
(v) To the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, we shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for: (1) your use of the Premium, (2) any delay, failure, or default of the Premium (including redemption of the Premium), (3) any service offered by the Premium Provider (including, but not limited to, any failure, interruption, disruption or downtime on the Premium Provider’s platform / mobile application), and (4) the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties (including the Premium Provider) in connection with or related to your use of the Premium. You further indemnify us against any losses or damages that we may suffer arising from your use or redemption of the Premium.
(e) The Premium is provided for your personal and non-commercial use only. You will not resell the Premium to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise, and you shall not charge other persons for use of the Premium.
(f) The Premium is available whilst stocks last, and we reserve the right and discretion to substitute the Premium with any other product of similar value. No exchange or re-election of the Premium is allowed once your application has been submitted.
(g) The Premiums are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit, or other items, and are not valid with any other discounts, vouchers, or promotions. Any unutilized amount for the Premium will not be refunded and cannot be used to offset any existing or new subscription or promotion.
10. By subscribing for the Package under this Promotion, you agree and consent:
(b) that we may collect, use, process and/or disclose your personal data to communicate with you for purposes relating to this Promotion, provide you with the Premium, marketing information on products and services we offer, and such other purposes we may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent for.
11. We shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information), liability, expenses, claims and costs arising out of or in connection with the this Promotion or the Premium, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person as a result, directly or indirectly, of the possession or use of the Premium whether claimed by reason of breach of warranty, negligence, product defect or otherwise, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable laws (in which case that liability is limited to the extent allowed by applicable laws).
12. Any waiver given by us for a breach of any of the T&Cs by you shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach on your part.
13. We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs and/or terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice.
14. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and all persons who participate in this Promotion shall be deemed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
(version 1 December 2023)