(Last updated on May 12, 2023)
1. This subscription promotion (“Promotion”) is administered by SPH Media Limited (“SPH”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
2. Participation in this Promotion is subject to:
(a) the terms herein,
(b) the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions found at https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/ (“Standard T&Cs”).
(collectively, the “T&Cs”)
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the T&Cs, the terms herein will take precedence over the Standard T&Cs.
3. Under this Promotion, you may receive a free premium item (“Premium”) when you sign up for a new subscription to any of the applicable publications (“Publication(s)”) under the applicable subscription package (“Package”). Subscriptions under this Promotion will be subject to the relevant minimum subscription period (“Minimum Subscription Period”). Details are as set out in the table below.
||Monthly Subscription Fee
||Minimum Subscription Period
The Straits Times
||$50 Grab Transport Vouchers
*Premiums are available while stocks last.
4. This Promotion is valid during the period commencing from 16 May 2023 until 30 June 2023, or until all the Premiums available under this Promotion have been fully redeemed, whichever is earlier (the “Promotion Period“).
5. To qualify for this Promotion and the Premium:
(a) you must meet the eligibility criteria set out in the T&Cs (in particular, Clause 6 below),
(b) we must receive your duly completed application form and payment before the Promotion Period ends (requests for extensions will not be entertained); and
(c) you agree to and shall maintain your subscription to the relevant Package without any change for the whole of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period.
(a) This Promotion is open to Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents, and foreigners residing in Singapore and have work permits or passes which are valid for the duration of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period.
(b) You are eligible for this Promotion if you fall within one of the following groups of subscribers:
(i) “New Subscribers“: Subscribers who are not Existing Subscribers (as defined below) and do not currently have a subscription to the Package.
(ii) “Vendor Subscribers“: Current subscribers of the Publication(s) who are paying their subscription fees to a newspaper vendor (your subscription with your vendor will be terminated and you will become a direct subscriber of the Package with us).
(iii) “Month-to-Month Subscribers“: Current subscribers of the Publication(s) under an existing subscription plan with us which is renewed automatically monthly (your new subscription will replace your current subscription and you will be subject to the Minimum Subscription Period).
(c) Notwithstanding the above, you will be deemed to be an “Existing Subscriber” and will not be eligible for this Promotion if you, or any member of your household:
(i) have an existing subscription to the Publication(s) with us which is subject to a minimum subscription period (including a subscription to the Package), or
(ii) had terminated such a subscription within the 90 days prior to the date of your application under this Promotion.
A “household” refers to a domestic unit comprising members of the same family who have the same billing address and/or delivery address
7.You may not participate in this Promotion in conjunction with other promotions and deals that we may be offering at the same time.
8. Notwithstanding any term herein, we have the right to determine your eligibility or decline acceptance of your application for this Promotion at our sole and absolute discretion and our decision thereon shall be final and binding. If we determine that any of the information you provided in your subscription under this Promotion is not true and does not meet the requirements under the T&Cs or that you have otherwise breached any of the T&Cs, we may terminate your subscription and recover from you the Premium or the value of the Premium provided to you under this Promotion, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies against you under the T&Cs.
9. Where a Premium is offered in connection with your subscription, additional terms apply:
(a) You may only redeem one Premium per subscription and per household.
(b) If your application for the Promotion is successful, an email (“Redemption Email”) containing details of the Premium and how you may redeem it will be sent to you within three (3) working days after we confirm your subscription to the Package.
(c) Premiums must be redeemed in accordance with the instructions and terms as stated on the Redemption Email. Any Premium not redeemed within the validity period of the Premium for any reason, including expiry or service disruption, will be forfeited. In such event, for the avoidance of doubt, your obligations under the terms herein (including, without limitation, to maintain the subscription for the Minimum Subscription Period) will continue to apply in full.
(d) If the Premium is to be delivered to your registered address, you must be physically present during the delivery, and if requested, present your NRIC and digital/printed Redemption Email for verification.
(e) The Premium is provided by a third party, Grab Holdings Inc. (the “Premium Provider“), and is to be redeemed or used according to their terms and conditions. By participating in this Promotion and using or redeeming the Premium, you accept that:
(i) Any dispute about the quality, condition, or redemption of the Premium (including warranty claims, if any) is to be resolved directly with the Premium Provider and we are not obliged to assist or act on your behalf in communicating with them.
(ii) You use the Premium at your own risk. We are not responsible for and we do not guarantee: (1) that the Premium Provider’s services or platforms will be accessible, secure, reliable, or be without disruption, interruption, errors, virus or other harmful elements, or (2) that the results, information, contents or materials derived from the use of their services or platforms are accurate, reliable or suitable for its users.
(iii) The Premium Provider may update, modify, or change the terms and conditions of use of the Premium or its services at any time, and we shall not be liable to you for any such update, modification, or change.
(iv) Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, we make no representations or warranties of any kind in respect of the Premium, whether implied, express or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
(v) To the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, we shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for: (1) your use of the Premium, (2) any delay, failure, or default of the Premium (including redemption of the Premium), (3) any service offered by the Premium Provider (including, but not limited to, any failure, interruption, disruption or downtime on the Premium Provider’s platform / mobile application), and (4) the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties (including the Premium Provider) in connection with or related to your use of the Premium. You further indemnify us against any losses or damages that we may suffer arising from your use or redemption of the Premium.
(f) The Premium is provided for your personal and non-commercial use only. You will not resell the Premium to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise, and you shall not charge other persons for use of the Premium.
(g) The Premium is available whilst stocks last, and we reserve the right and discretion to substitute the Premium with any other product of similar value. No exchange or re-election of the Premium is allowed once your application has been submitted.
(h) The Premiums are not transferable or exchange for cash, credit, or other items, and are not valid with any other discounts, vouchers, or promotions. Any unutilized amount for the Premium will not be refunded and cannot be used to offset any existing or new subscription or promotion.
10. Upon expiry of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period, your subscription to the Package will automatically continue, without prior notice from us, on the prevailing terms until and unless you provide us with notice in writing that you wish to terminate your subscription in accordance with the said terms.
11. If you terminate your subscription to the Package before the expiry of the applicable Minimum Subscription Period for any reason whatsoever, or you fail to pay to us any sums as and when due during your subscription, we may terminate your subscription and you shall be liable for the following termination fees and charges:
||Administrative fees of S$20 and termination fees of S$100
12. By subscribing for the Package under this Promotion, you agree and consent:
(b) that we may collect, use, process and/or disclose your personal data to communicate with you for purposes relating to this Promotion, provide you with the Premium, marketing information on products and services we offer, and such other purposes we may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent for.
13. We shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information), liability, expenses, claims and costs arising out of or in connection with the this Promotion or the Premium, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person as a result, directly or indirectly, of the possession or use of the Premium whether claimed by reason of breach of warranty, negligence, product defect or otherwise, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable laws (in which case that liability is limited to the extent allowed by applicable laws).
14. We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs and/or terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice.
15. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and all persons who participate in this Promotion shall be deemed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.