Join us at the
PSLE Prep Seminar by ST
ST subscribers enjoy $20 off registration (U.P. $35) per person
Join us at the
PSLE Prep Seminar by ST
ST subscribers enjoy $20 off registration
(U.P. $35) per person
News at your fingertips
Love the traditional print layout of your daily news? The ST All-Digital subscription offers:
Exclusive articles and analyses
Access subscriber-only content on the ST app and straitstimes.com
ST app access
Conveniently access news via the ST app on up to 4 devices concurrently
2-week e-paper archive
Catch up easily on news you might have missed
ST PSLE Prep Forum
May 20, 2023 | 10AM – 11.45AM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Understand all about school postings under the new system, and how schools will carry out full subject-based banding. Moderated by The Straits Times’ Senior Education Correspondent Sandra Davie, with Mr Sng Chern Wei, MOE’s Deputy Director-General of Education (Curriculum), in the panel of experts.
Find out more about the session here.
How does this package compare with the rest of ST’s available packages?
This is a quick summary of how the package compares with the other home-subscription offerings by ST:
News Tablet Access
*Not inclusive of delivery charges.
(Last updated on April 19, 2023)
1. This subscription promotion (“Promotion”) is administered by SPH Limited (“SPH” or “we” or “us” or “our”).
2. Participation in this Promotion is subject to:
(a) the terms herein, and
(b) the Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions here
(collectively, the (“T&Cs”)).
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the T&Cs, the order of precedence of the T&Cs will be according to the order set out above.
3. Under this Promotion, you may receive a free premium item (“Premium”) when you sign up for a new subscription to any of the applicable publications (“Publication(s)”) under the applicable subscription package (“Package”). Details are as set out in the table below.
|Publication||Package||Monthly Subscription Fee||Premium*|
|The Straits Times (“ST”)||All-Digital||S$0.99/month for the first 3 months
|S$20 ST PSLE Forum Discount Voucher|
*Note: The Premiums will only be available while stocks last.
4. This Promotion is valid during the period commencing from 26 April 2023 until 16 May 2023, or until all the Premiums available under this Promotion have been fully redeemed, whichever is earlier (the “Promotion Period“).
5. To qualify for this Promotion and the Premium:
(a) you must meet the eligibility criteria set out in the T&Cs (in particular, Clause 6 below); and
(b) we must receive your duly completed application form and payment before the Promotion Period ends. Requests for extensions will not be entertained.
(a) This Promotion is open to Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents, and foreigners residing in Singapore with valid work permits or passes at the time of submission of the subscription application.
(b) Subject to sub-clause (c) below, you are eligible for this Promotion if you fall within one of the following groups of subscribers:
(i) “New Subscribers“: Subscribers who do not currently have a subscription to the Package.
(ii) “Vendor Subscribers“: Current subscribers of the Publication(s) who are paying their subscription fees to a newspaper vendor (your subscription with your vendor will be terminated and you will become a direct subscriber of the Package with us).
(iii) “Month-to-Month Subscribers“: Current subscribers of the Publication(s) under an existing subscription plan with us which is renewed automatically monthly (your new subscription will replace your current subscription).
7. You may not participate in this Promotion in conjunction with other promotions and deals that we may be offering at the same time.
8. Notwithstanding any term herein, we have the right to determine your eligibility or decline acceptance of your application for this Promotion at our sole and absolute discretion and our decision thereon shall be final and binding. If we determine that any of the information you provided in your subscription under this Promotion is not true and does not meet the requirements under the T&Cs or that you have otherwise breached any of the T&Cs, we may terminate your subscription and recover from you the Premium or the value of the Premium provided to you under this Promotion, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies against you under the T&Cs.
9. Where a Premium is offered in connection with your subscription, additional terms apply:
(a) You may only redeem one Premium per subscription under this Promotion.
(b) If your application for the Promotion is successful, an email (“Redemption Email”) containing details of the Premium and how to redeem the Premium will be sent to you within three (3) working days after we confirm your subscription.
(c) Premiums must be redeemed in accordance with the instructions and terms as stated on the Redemption Email. Any Premium not redeemed within the validity period of the Premium for any reason, including expiry or service disruption, will be forfeited. In such event, for the avoidance of doubt, your obligations under the terms herein will continue to apply in full.
(d) The Premium is to be redeemed at the ST PSLE Prep Forum registration portal.
(i) We are not responsible for and we do not guarantee: (1) that our services or platforms will be accessible, secure, reliable, or be without disruption, interruption, errors, virus or other harmful elements, or (2) that the results, information, contents or materials derived from the use of our services or platforms are accurate, reliable or suitable for our users.
(ii) We may update, modify, or change the terms and conditions of use of the Premium or its services at any time.
(iii) Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, we make no representations or warranties of any kind in respect of the Premium, whether implied, express or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
(iv) To the fullest extent allowed by applicable laws, we shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the Premium.
(e) The Premium is provided for your personal and non-commercial use only. You will not resell the Premium to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise, and you shall not charge other persons for use of the Premium.
(f) The Premium is available whilst stocks last, and we reserve the right and discretion to substitute the Premium with any other product of similar value. No exchange or re-election of the Premium is allowed once your application has been submitted.
(g) The Premiums are not transferable or exchanged for cash, credit, or other items, and are not valid with any other discounts, vouchers, or promotions. Any unutilized amount for the Premium will not be refunded and cannot be used to offset any existing or new subscription or promotion.
10. By subscribing for the Package under this Promotion, you agree and consent:
(b) that we may collect, use, process and/or disclose your personal data to communicate with you for purposes relating to this Promotion, provide you with the Premium, marketing information on products and services we offer, and such other purposes we may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent for.
11. We shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss and damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information), liability, expenses, claims and costs arising out of or in connection with the this Promotion or the Premium, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death or other consequences occurring to any person as a result, directly or indirectly, of the possession or use of the Premium whether claimed by reason of breach of warranty, negligence, product defect or otherwise, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable laws (in which case that liability is limited to the extent allowed by applicable laws).
12. We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, vary, amend or revise the T&Cs and/or terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice.
13. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and all persons who participate in this Promotion shall be deemed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
(Last updated on March 16, 2022)
1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to newspapers published by SPH Media Limited and its successors-in-title (“SPH Media”), irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. SPH Media has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Standard Terms and you are either;
(a) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting in your own personal capacity;
(b) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting on behalf of a corporate entity; or
(c) contracting as parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is using and/or accessing the subscription, in which event you agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of your child/ward, to be bound by these Standard Terms and to be liable for your child’s or ward’s acts and omissions while using and/or accessing the subscription, and you also agree to ensure that your child or ward observes these Standard Terms.
3. You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
4. SPH Media has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least 1 month’s prior notice.
5. Please take note that if you have opted to take delivery of the print edition of your subscribed newspapers, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged by residential type, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address.
6. You should receive a letter acknowledging your subscription within 30 days of confirming your subscription.
7. All subscription fees are due in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before each monthly/annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, you shall be liable for any prevailing administrative, termination or other fees which SPH Media may impose in accordance with clause 10 below.
8. You may cancel your subscription to the Package at any time after the Minimum Subscription Period. However, you agree that your subscription to the Package will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly or yearly basis (depending on the payment plan you select) until you expressly instruct us that you wish to cancel your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice in one of the following ways: (a) in writing and sent by post to “Customer Experience Team, Consumer Division, SPH Media Ltd, 1000 Toa Payoh North Annexe Level 6, News Centre, Singapore 318994”; or (b) by calling our Customer Experience Team at 6388 3838; or (c) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such termination, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees shall also be due and payable by you. Unless otherwise stated by SPH Media, any renewal of your subscription will be on the prevailing subscription terms.
9. If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, SPH Media may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
10. If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of newspapers (including but not limited to non-delivery of print editions of newspapers), please alert us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team no later than two (2) days after the date of the newspaper(s) in question.
11. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by contacting our Customer Experience Team no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
12. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform SPH Media if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
13. You may seek a temporary suspension of delivery of print newspaper(s) (“Temporary Stop”) by making a Temporary Stop request online at our website at https://subscribe.sph.com.sg/ (click on “Temporary Stop” option under “My Services” section). You agree that any Temporary Stop request (a) is offered on a goodwill basis only and is subject to SPH Media’s approval in its absolute discretion, (b) must be made at least three (3) clear working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before its intended start date, and (c) must be for a minimum of 3 consecutive days and cannot exceed 30 consecutive days per request.
14. If you are a Print-only subscriber and your Temporary Stop request is approved for a duration of at least 8 days, SPH Media may in its absolute discretion offer a refund or credit of your subscription for the duration of the Temporary Stop, up to a maximum of 30 days per calendar year in aggregate. All-in-One subscribers are not entitled to any refund or credit of subscription for any Temporary Stop of any duration as they will continue to have access to digital editions of their subscribed publications.
15. You agree and acknowledge that notwithstanding any approval by SPH Media of a Temporary Stop request, SPH Media does not undertake or guarantee that all delivery personnel will carry out Temporary Stop requests without error or at all. In such event, notwithstanding Clause 14, you remain liable to pay for all newspapers delivered to you during any Temporary Stop period requested. SPH Media shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer in connection with any continued delivery of newspaper(s) or any Temporary Stop request.
16. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(iii) the terms of our SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://www.sph.com.sg/legal/member_conditions.html as amended from time to time, and the terms of the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that SPH Media’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the SPH Media Member Terms and Conditions, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
17. SPH Media has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to SPH Media’s website.
18. For more details on subscription matters, please refer to subscribe.sph.com.sg
The Straits Times All-Digital
Please read the terms and conditions here
For the first three months